Coming from a girl that does NOT like super spicy, this recipe is crazy good!
I can hand some heat, mild salsa maybe even medium. As long as it is not burn your mouth so you can't taste the food hot. I want to be able to taste what I'm eating not suffer through dinner :)
Anyway, I had never purchased a bottle of Siracha til my oldest son and his family came to visit last Christmas. Actually I didn't even purchase it, they did when they did a little grocery shopping and they left it behind. So I tried it on something, I cant even remember what now and I liked it! Who knew?
One of my favorite things to put Siracha on is re-fried beans (that I also don't like LOL) with cheese.
One day I decided to see what kind of recipes were out there and I found this super easy Honey Siracha Chicken recipe on damndelicious.net.
Hey why not ... sweet and heat! They go together nicely.
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves(YUK..BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN!)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha*
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
For the honey Sriracha glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in honey, Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil; simmer until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine wings, butter, vegetable oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place wings onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime. Brush wings with Sriracha glaze and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and crusted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and sesame seeds, if desired.
This recipe is from damndelicious.net I do not claim to have created the recipe.
The photos however are my actual cooking shots :)